Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Help Is On The Way

I contacted Pete Gallego's office yesterday asking for help with our EMS variance. The variance will allow somebody like a fire department volunteer to drive the ambulance when we have one EMT on duty. Here is the reply from Representative Gallego's office from half an hour ago:


-----------------
Mr. Crowley:

Here is an update on the situation

    Yes, thanks. I've forwarded the information to Kathy Perkins, our assistant commissioner for regulatory services. EMS is in her division. I hope we will have an answer within the next day. nc

    Nicolas (Nick) Curry, MD, MPH
    Deputy Commissioner - Chief Medical Officer
    Texas Department of State Health Services
    512-458-7375

Let me know if you have additional questions and I will keep you posted.

Katherine

Katherine Frolow
State Representative Pete P. Gallego
Texas State Capitol - 4S.5
------------


A good lesson for all, call your representative when you need help with the government. We may have our variance tomorrow. Just be safe out there until then because the nearest ambulance is in another county. We will have one EMT tomorrow, but if you call 911 he will show up in the city's old Buick until Fort Davis or Presidio sends an ambulance while the ambulance we paid for sits in the Marfa garage.

By the way, our fire chief Gary Mitschke has offered to train VFD volunteers to drive the ambulance. They are already trained on emergency vehicle operation and are connected via radio for emergency. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home